Milestone Relocation Solutions - AVOID these people at all costs - truck sent without number plates
I booked Milestone relocation Services, Raleigh, NC. for 26th June 2016. The move was from home in Cary, NC to a storage location 5 miles away in Cary, NC. They sent a quote for $99/hour for 2 people and $80 for the truck with a 3.5 hour minimum move. It was agreed for 26th June between 2 and 4 PM.
When the truck arrived with 2 people on the agreed day and time, it was soon noticed that the truck sent had no number plates. When the workers were questioned, they had some story about changing of insurance. We called the number given and got a guy by the name of Steve on the phone. He claimed that somebody had taken the tags because insurance had changed. I told him that it was a violation of the law to send a truck without plates. He said that he was sending a new truck on the way within 35 and 45 minutes.
While we waited for him to arrive with the new truck, he instructed his workers to load the truck that had come without the number plates. So I called the guy Steve again and asked 'what is going on'?. He said that he was on his way.
I asked him 'then why are your workers loading the truck'?. He said 'then what do you expect them to do, sit around?'. I straight away told him off that he cannot send a truck to load my goods and transport them to storage when they had no number plates and it was a violation of the law. I made it clear to unload my goods that had been loaded. he called his men and asked them to unload my goods and went away. These guys left me stranded now that an entire day was wasted and there was no alternative.
This is a caution for people to be careful when you employ a movers like this in Raleigh, NC. Please check papers for insurance and licensed registration of the truck. We did no pay them for time wasted loading and unloading whatever they did. Don't settle for less and call police if you encounter such a situation.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "freightcenter.com is FRAUD. This company would blast your phone once you're interested in doing business with them. Once they get a hold of your credit card number, things will go..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "Hi LBC,.. I send my baggage last August 29,2014 and it takes 3 months more before my family received...Its ok if its late to arrive but the Thing which I could..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "The summary of events are as follows: â€¢ I flew round trip to Montego Bay on American Airline, July 2-7 where I purchased two 3 ft tall hand carved figures made of..."
- "I've bought a Nespresso Pixie with a great 50% discount at Williams-sonoma.com on 01/28/2016. Paid the full amount and waited for the product delivery on 03/02/2016, however on the February..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."