Milestone Relocation Solutions - AVOID these people at all costs - truck sent without number plates
I booked Milestone relocation Services, Raleigh, NC. for 26th June 2016. The move was from home in Cary, NC to a storage location 5 miles away in Cary, NC. They sent a quote for $99/hour for 2 people and $80 for the truck with a 3.5 hour minimum move. It was agreed for 26th June between 2 and 4 PM.
When the truck arrived with 2 people on the agreed day and time, it was soon noticed that the truck sent had no number plates. When the workers were questioned, they had some story about changing of insurance. We called the number given and got a guy by the name of Steve on the phone. He claimed that somebody had taken the tags because insurance had changed. I told him that it was a violation of the law to send a truck without plates. He said that he was sending a new truck on the way within 35 and 45 minutes.
While we waited for him to arrive with the new truck, he instructed his workers to load the truck that had come without the number plates. So I called the guy Steve again and asked 'what is going on'?. He said that he was on his way.
I asked him 'then why are your workers loading the truck'?. He said 'then what do you expect them to do, sit around?'. I straight away told him off that he cannot send a truck to load my goods and transport them to storage when they had no number plates and it was a violation of the law. I made it clear to unload my goods that had been loaded. he called his men and asked them to unload my goods and went away. These guys left me stranded now that an entire day was wasted and there was no alternative.
This is a caution for people to be careful when you employ a movers like this in Raleigh, NC. Please check papers for insurance and licensed registration of the truck. We did no pay them for time wasted loading and unloading whatever they did. Don't settle for less and call police if you encounter such a situation.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On Sept. 18, 2012, our company received custom-made heat exchangers used in the manufacturing of research aquatics systems. Estes Express was the carrier. The crate looked fine when we got..."
- "freightcenter.com is FRAUD. This company would blast your phone once you're interested in doing business with them. Once they get a hold of your credit card number, things will go..."
- "I had two speakers that I sold on eBay that I had bought from a retailer brand in original packaging. The exterior of the container clearly showed they were speakers...."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "Can I give this top a negative five star? I wish I could. This was my second top install, the first form this vendor. The Volvo top was a thick..."
- "TimeWarner appears to be reducing its footprint from existing customers width and strength of Internet capabilities. Our Internet service which once had no connectivity problems, now has regular connectivity..."
- "I've bought a Nespresso Pixie with a great 50% discount at Williams-sonoma.com on 01/28/2016. Paid the full amount and waited for the product delivery on 03/02/2016, however on the February..."