Milestone Relocation Solutions - AVOID these people at all costs - truck sent without number plates
I booked Milestone relocation Services, Raleigh, NC. for 26th June 2016. The move was from home in Cary, NC to a storage location 5 miles away in Cary, NC. They sent a quote for $99/hour for 2 people and $80 for the truck with a 3.5 hour minimum move. It was agreed for 26th June between 2 and 4 PM.
When the truck arrived with 2 people on the agreed day and time, it was soon noticed that the truck sent had no number plates. When the workers were questioned, they had some story about changing of insurance. We called the number given and got a guy by the name of Steve on the phone. He claimed that somebody had taken the tags because insurance had changed. I told him that it was a violation of the law to send a truck without plates. He said that he was sending a new truck on the way within 35 and 45 minutes.
While we waited for him to arrive with the new truck, he instructed his workers to load the truck that had come without the number plates. So I called the guy Steve again and asked 'what is going on'?. He said that he was on his way.
I asked him 'then why are your workers loading the truck'?. He said 'then what do you expect them to do, sit around?'. I straight away told him off that he cannot send a truck to load my goods and transport them to storage when they had no number plates and it was a violation of the law. I made it clear to unload my goods that had been loaded. he called his men and asked them to unload my goods and went away. These guys left me stranded now that an entire day was wasted and there was no alternative.
This is a caution for people to be careful when you employ a movers like this in Raleigh, NC. Please check papers for insurance and licensed registration of the truck. We did no pay them for time wasted loading and unloading whatever they did. Don't settle for less and call police if you encounter such a situation.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So last Friday I went to my local UPS store to ship off these brand two new iPhone 6 which I had stood in line for the whole night to..."
- "I am absolutely *** FURIOUS with ups... Someone had ordered me a sex machine from Amazon, and the store owner of the parcel that was ordered chose to use ups......"
- "I found a lady on craigslist with husky pups -free, we texted and emailed. After she found out where I lived (nj) she said she lived in Seatle Washington, she..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "Can I give this top a negative five star? I wish I could. This was my second top install, the first form this vendor. The Volvo top was a thick..."
- "I've bought a Nespresso Pixie with a great 50% discount at Williams-sonoma.com on 01/28/2016. Paid the full amount and waited for the product delivery on 03/02/2016, however on the February..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."