Milestone Relocation Solutions - AVOID these people at all costs - truck sent without number plates

I booked Milestone relocation Services, Raleigh, NC. for 26th June 2016. The move was from home in Cary, NC to a storage location 5 miles away in Cary, NC. They sent a quote for $99/hour for 2 people and $80 for the truck with a 3.5 hour minimum move. It was agreed for 26th June between 2 and 4 PM.

When the truck arrived with 2 people on the agreed day and time, it was soon noticed that the truck sent had no number plates. When the workers were questioned, they had some story about changing of insurance. We called the number given and got a guy by the name of Steve on the phone. He claimed that somebody had taken the tags because insurance had changed. I told him that it was a violation of the law to send a truck without plates. He said that he was sending a new truck on the way within 35 and 45 minutes.

While we waited for him to arrive with the new truck, he instructed his workers to load the truck that had come without the number plates. So I called the guy Steve again and asked 'what is going on'?. He said that he was on his way.

I asked him 'then why are your workers loading the truck'?. He said 'then what do you expect them to do, sit around?'. I straight away told him off that he cannot send a truck to load my goods and transport them to storage when they had no number plates and it was a violation of the law. I made it clear to unload my goods that had been loaded. he called his men and asked them to unload my goods and went away. These guys left me stranded now that an entire day was wasted and there was no alternative.

This is a caution for people to be careful when you employ a movers like this in Raleigh, NC. Please check papers for insurance and licensed registration of the truck. We did no pay them for time wasted loading and unloading whatever they did. Don't settle for less and call police if you encounter such a situation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Review category
review #872395

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Milestone Relocation Solutions? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Milestone Relocation Solutions. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Milestone Relocation Solutions.
Filing a new complaint about